LCMS Life Conference
Take a stand for life! Plan now to attend the January 2015 LCMS Life Conference, which will take place Jan. 22-24, 2015, in Washington, D.C. at the Crystal City Hilton Hotel in Arlington, Va.
Each day, 2,900 children are aborted in the United States. You’ll learn how to speak up for life issues, receive encouragement and theological motivation to be more vocal about the importance of life, and discover how to exercise your vocation as a citizen when it comes to this issue.
Meet and mingle with LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison; Robert George, chairman of the United States Commission on international Religious Freedom; and Lila Rose, founder of the pro-life group Live Action.
Held in conjunction with the 2015 National March for Life on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., this conference will:
- Focus on pro-life advocacy both at the national and local level;
- Provide encouragement and solid theological motivation for Lutherans to stand for life;
- Share tips and for practical know-how—to help Lutherans become more vocal about pro-life issues;
- Teach Christians—both young and old— how to exercise their vocation as citizens by becoming involved in the governmental processes of our country; and
- Provide incredible pro-life focused worship opportunities with fellow Lutherans.
We have the biggest names ... all in one place!
- LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison;
- Robert George, author of Conscience and Its Enemies: Confronting the Dogmas of Liberal Secularism and professor of religious liberty, constitutional interpretation and civil liberties at Princeton University;
- Lila Rose, pro-life activist and the founder of the pro-life group Live Action;
- Carol Tobias, president of the National Right to Life committee;
- Dr. Donna Harrison, director of Research and Public Policy of the American Association of Pro-life Obstetricians and Gynecologists (AAPLOG);
- The Rev. Dr. Jeffrey Gibbs, professor at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis;
- Mollie Ziegler Hemingway, pro-life journalist; and
- Laura Davis, director of Youth4Life.
The March for Life and how you can participate
Participants also are encouraged to attend the 2015 National March for Life on the opening day of the conference. Before the 2015 National March for Life, conference attendees will gather for an LCMS Divine Service at the hotel conference site (the Crystal City Hilton Hotel). Worship will NOT be held this year at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Alexandria, Va. Instead, everyone is invited to join us for worship at the conference. The group will then proceed together to the National Mall in Washington, D.C., to take part in the day’s events. Your conference fee will include metro tickets to and from the March for Life. This will be a fantastic opportunity for worship and fellowship, a chance to experience what our life together in Christ really means.
“We have an individual vocation as citizens and Christians to speak for those who can’t speak for themselves, but we don’t always know how,” says Maggie Karner, director of LCMS Life and Health Ministries. “This conference will serve as a primer for how best to speak about the sanctity of life both as a church and as individuals.”
The conference will take place in the nation’s capital, Washington, D.C., and at the Crystal City Hilton Hotel in Arlington, Va.
- $119 per night. Registrants must make their own lodging arrangements.
- Phone: 1-703-418-6800
- To make hotel reservations, please visit the Crystal City Hilton Hotel website.