Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod launches new magazine
Publication shows donors how gifts, support are used for witness, mercy
Pam Nielsen photo available here.
ST. LOUIS, Aug. 23, 2012—The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) will launch a new, free, bimonthly publication called Lutherans Engage the World in September 2012. The magazine will offer a complete picture of how the LCMS, through its various national and international ministries, is reaching the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ through works of witness and mercy.
The new magazine will combine the content of three former LCMS publications — Sharing, Caring and Harvest News — into one informative and inspiring magazine.
“By combining three publications into one, we will be able to provide readers a cost-effective way of communicating what all of us, by God’s grace, are able to accomplish together as the Synod,” said Deaconess Pamela Nielsen, the magazine’s managing editor. “We are delighted to be able to share the many wonderful stories of Witness, Mercy and Life Together from across the church in this new magazine, and we invite our readers’ involvement, feedback and prayers as we launch.”
Lutherans Engage the World will show how the church:
- Engages in global mission outreach
- Plants new churches and revitalizes existing congregations
- Responds to disasters domestically and internationally
- Supports its partner churches and affiliated entities around the world
- Provides and sustains Lutheran education
- Ministers to the men and women serving in the Armed Forces
- Supports theological education in Lutheran seminaries around the world
- Provides programs and services for youth and family ministry
- Cares for those in need at home and abroad
The magazine will be mailed to those who contribute to the global mission work (witness and mercy) of the LCMS and to its rostered church workers, missionaries and missionary alumni. It also will be available online.
Learn more at www.lcms.org/lutheransengage.