LCMS Emergency and Relief Grant Forms
As you determine the needs among your members and the ways in which your district or local congregations want to respond to the needs of LCMS members and the community at large, please fill out the “Emergency and Relief Grant Request Form” and return it to the Rev. Ross Johnson at email@example.com and your district president for review and processing.
The initial request form is easy to complete and will be quickly reviewed. As you prepare the form, following are some general points to remember about emergency disaster relief grants. We can provide immediate assistance to be used in three primary areas:
- Unmet needs of your members or member of the Lutheran church
- Unmet needs of people in the community at large as determined by your leadership or appropriate board or committee
- Unmet needs related to the immediate repair of your church/school/parsonage
Here are some of the many ways we recommend that you determine the needs and provide immediate assistance to members and other needy individuals in your own community (sample assessment forms are available - see download above)
- Provide basic essentials such as food, water, shelter and medical care
- Provide gift cards to replace personal items ($100 maximum per person/family)
- Provide transitional housing for up to 90 days
- Provide immediate cash assistance as appropriate ($100 maximum per person/family)
- Provide short-term childcare assistance or childcare cost (30 days)
- Provide school tuition (if the congregation operates a school)
- Provide short-term transportation assistance (30 days)
- Provide debris clean-up assistance (both financial and through volunteers)
Remember that all aid and assistance provided with LCMS emergency disaster grants should be connected to the Word and Sacrament ministry of your district or local congregations.
Grant requests must be completed on the Emergency Grant Application Form (budget information and pictures are appreciated). All grant requests must be forwarded to the appropriate LCMS district president and to the Rev. Ross Johnson, director, LCMS Disaster Response, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy also can be sent to Barbara Hoffmann, manager, LCMS Grant Administration at email@example.com.