Servant Event Grants
For over 25 years grants have been offered to encourage youth to reach out in ministry to others through servant events. This is a valuable practice the Office of National Mission is continuing. We look forward to maintaining, expanding and developing new opportunities for youth service in servant event ministry.
Congregations, Camps, and Recognized Service Organizations (RSOs) who host Servant Event(s) that are registered through the Youth Ministry office and listed on the LCMS website are eligible applicants.
Grant funds can be used for
- Materials for repair or construction projects that benefit individuals or organizations other than the host site
- Scholarship assistance for campers (developmentally disabled, ethnic or low-income)
- Supplies or materials for VBS or educational programs to benefit community attendees
Applications can be submitted for a maximum amount of $3,000
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2014
- Grant Awards: mid-April 2014
- Grant Reports Due no later than October 15, 2014 *
*failure to submit grant reports will result in loss of eligibility for future funding
Note: Applications are preferred by electronic format.
Budget Form (Excel Spreadsheet)
(As part of the grant application process, you will need to submit a program budget that shows anticipated funding from LCMS and other sources.)