Portugal

Portuguese Evangelical Lutheran Church
Igreja Evangélica Luterana Portuguesa (IELP)

History:  In 1952, arrives to a visit to Portugal, the Rev. Rodolpho Hasse, and then the Igreja Evangélica Luterana do Brasil (IELB) President, with the intention to introduce a radio program and verify the possibility to the Lutheran’s missionary work in Portugal.

In 1954, the IELB’s 32nd National Convention officially authorized the beginning of the mission in Portugal.

On July 3, 1958, the first Lutheran Congregation was organized, in Lisbon.

On May 28, 1959, the foundation of the Igreja Evangélica Luterana Portuguesa

Expansion:  The activities of the IELP, had been concentrated, initially in the region between Lisbon and Caldas da Rainha.

In the 70’s, the activities had been expanded northward of the Country. At the beginning of the 90’s, the first parish in the region of Porto was established.

Today:  The IELP keeps currently, regular activities in four localities: Mercês (Lisbon), Maia (Porto), Ponte de Lima (North) Angra do Heroismo (Azores Island).

Contact Information: Profile:
Igreja Evangélica Luterana Portuguesa Congregations: 3
Dr. Joâo de Barros, Baptized Members: 145
53 A–Merces Communicant Members:  112
2725-489 Mem Martins–Sintra Active Pastors: 2
PORTUGAL  
   
Phone: 351-21-926-1105  
Alt Phone: 351-21-921-7862  
E-mail:  hiller@ufp.edu.pt  
Website: www.ielp.pt  
   
President: Rev. Adalberto Hiller

Learn more about partner church bodies on the International Lutheran Council website.

Join us on the journey

Lutherans Engage the World

Lutheran Engage the WorldEngaging the Church in the work of witness and mercy across the globe in our life together.

Read now

 

The Lutheran Witness

The Lutheran WitnessInterpreting the contemporary world from a Lutheran Christian perspective

Learn more

Concordia Publishing House

Concordia Publishing House

Contact Us
 

  Email us
 

  Church Info Center: 888-843-5267
  Staff Switchboard: 800-248-1930
  Donor Care Line: 888-930-4438
 

 1333 S. Kirkwood Road, St. Louis, MO 63122-7226

 

Guide Star Logo BBB Logo


The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod Inc., including Mission Central (in Mapleton, Iowa), is an IRS registered 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity.

A contribution designated (restricted) for a specific purpose when accepted, will be used only to fund expenses related to that purpose. Occasionally, we may receive more in contributions for a particular purpose than can be wisely applied to it in the foreseeable future or the purpose may cease to be feasible. In these situations, the LCMS will make reasonable attempts to contact contributors to apply their contribution differently. If a contributor cannot be contacted, the LCMS will use the gift to meet a similar pressing need that most closely matches the contributor's original intent.  Consistent with Synod Board policy, no more than 12 percent of a charitable contribution may be applied to administering gifts and communicating with contributors.  Contributions received and accepted by the LCMS are deemed to be in agreement with this statement.

Our Tax Identification Number is: 43-0658188

>>View Donor Transparency Resources


Employment  |  For the Media  |  Site Map  |  Privacy

 

© 2003 – 2010   The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. All Rights Reserved.