U.S.A. (LCMS)

The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS)

History:
The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod traces its origin to 750 Saxon immigrants who came to the State of Missouri in the United States of America in 1839. Under the leadership of C.F.W. Walther, these German immigrants joined together in 1847 with pastors sent to America by William Loehe in Bavaria to form “The German Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Missouri, Ohio, and Other States.” One hundred years later in 1947 the Synod officially changed its name to The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. Its headquarters is located in St. Louis, Missouri.

Contact Information: Profile:
The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod Congregations: 6,151
1333 S. Kirkwood Road Baptized Members: 2,488,936
St. Louis, MO 63122-7295 Communicant Members: 1,880,213
U.S.A. Active Pastors:  5,323
   
Phone: 314-965-9000, Ext. 1402  
Fax: 314-996-1119  
E-mail: Matthew.Harrison@lcms.org  
Web Site: www.lcms.org  
   
President: Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison

Colleges and Seminaries- view

Learn more about partner church bodies on the International Lutheran Council website.

Join us on the journey

Lutherans Engage the World

Lutheran Engage the WorldEngaging the Church in the work of witness and mercy across the globe in our life together.

Read now

 

The Lutheran Witness

The Lutheran WitnessSubscribe to the digital edition of The Lutheran Witness

Subscribe

Concordia Publishing House

Concordia Publishing House