2016 National Offering
Every three years, our Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod gathers in convention to determine mission and ministry priorities for the coming three years. The LCMS gathered July 9-14, 2016, in Milwaukee under the theme “Upon This Rock.”
LCMS households, congregations and organizations are invited and encouraged to participate in a synod-wide gathering of special gifts called the National Offering.
This triennium’s National Offering gives Lutherans across the country an opportunity through a special offering that will give the same bold confession as Peter: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Gifts to the 2016 LCMS National Offering — which can be made at any time — will empower the work God has given us to do in His name through programs and projects where we Witness, show Mercy and walk with one another as Christians in our Life Together.
2016 LCMS National Offering Resources
How will National Offering donations be put to work?
- In WITNESS ... by planting new congregations here in the U.S., providing study Bibles for youth attending the Youth Gathering, equipping missionaries with tangible evangelism and teaching resources, and much more as God allows;
- Through MERCY ... advocating for and protecting human life from conception to natural death, caring for disadvantaged children, reducing suffering and living conditions among the poor — to connect people with the Gospel — and much more as God allows;
- Strengthening our LIFE TOGETHER as the Body of Christ ... by developing future leaders for our LCMS schools, revitalizing struggling and discouraged congregations, forming the future pastors and leaders of the LCMS and our international Lutheran partners, and much more ... as God allows.
The LCMS is making the commitment that National Offering contributions will empower ministry work, excluding the personnel and administration costs of the LCMS, and will report to the church how all funds received are allocated.
Every donation will be utilized by our Synod’s Offices of International and National Mission, as well as Pastoral Education (including the LCMS Joint Seminary Fund), for non-personnel and non-administration projects or programs.
These are gifts for action and impact in the lives of others — joyfully given by those united “Upon This Rock.”
Please join with others to support this triennium’s National Offering, and help us spread the word about the National Offering throughout our Synod.
Participating in the National Offering
Individual households and congregations wishing to make a National Offering gift can do so a number of ways:
- Make an online donation
- Call 888-930-4438 and make a contribution with a credit or debit card
- Mail check — Make payable to “The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod;” write “2016 LCMS National Offering” on memo line
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod
2016 LCMS National Offering
P.O. Box 66861
St. Louis, MO 63166-6861
- Make a gift of appreciated securities, property or other assets by contacting The LCMS Foundation:
(800) 325-7912 or lcmsfoundation.org
Gifts for the 2016 LCMS National Offering are tax-deductible as allowed by law. Whenever possible, individual tax-deductible receipts will be issued to the donor making the gift. Reports on our Synod’s response to the National Offering will be made available here.
To learn more about the 2016 National Offering, or to receive help with your questions, please call Mission Advancement’s Donor Care Line at 888-930-4438.