Applying to Become a Recognized Service Organization
Here are the steps to follow to apply for LCMS Recognized Service Organization (RSO) status, including the application packet and required documentation.
- Click here to connect to the web page with the application packet and information about becoming an LCMS RSO.
- Once you have completed the application packet, the LCMS RSO standing committee will review your application and assign it to the appropriate department for processing.
- If your application is assigned to LCMS World Relief and Human Care (WR-HC), please follow the information in the WR-HC application booklet, Path to LCMS Recognition through the Board for Human Care Ministries. WR-HC staff will review your documents, contacting you regarding any needed amendments to your governing documents and requesting any necessary additional information.
- Once all information is received, staff will submit a written report to WR-HC to consider. The report will contain the staff recommendation to either grant or decline RSO status. Once the board meets and approves RSO status, you will be asked to sign an agreement. Click here for a sample agreement.
- To learn more, here are Frequently Asked Questions about the RSO application process through WR-HC.