Nominations and Elections of
Secretary, Boards and Commissions
Committee for Convention Nominations
The Committee for Convention Nominations is responsible to select the slate of candidates for all officer, boards, and commissions elected at Convention (except for President, First Vice-President and elective positions requiring regional representation). The Committee for Convention Nominations will review the duties and requirements of each position to be elected to inform and guide their selection of candidates from the list of nominees gathered by the nominations process. The Committee for Convention Nominations will select candidates for the following officer, boards and commission positions that do not require regional representation:
- LCMS Board of Director (at-large, ordained, commissioned members)
- Concordia Publishing House—Board of Directors (all positions)
- Lutheran Church Extension Fund—Board of Directors
- Concordia Historical Institute—Board of Governors
- Concordia University System—Board of Directors
- Commission on Theology and Church Relations
- LCMS Foundation—Board of Trustees
- Board of Regents for each college, university and seminary of the Synod
Prior to convention, the Committee for Convention Nominations (through the Secretary of the Synod’s office) will collect nominations for Secretary and all elected board and commission positions. Nomination forms for Secretary and all boards and commissions (that do not require regional representation) were mailed in January 2015 to all member congregations of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. Nominations for these positions must be turned in to the Secretary of the Synod’s office no later than Oct. 9, 2015.
The Committee for Convention Nominations is responsible to review these nominations and select the candidates for the slate for each position.
These forms are used only in the nomination process for Secretary, board and commission positions that do not require regional representation.
- Nomination Form (due Oct. 9, 2015)
Facilitates the nomination of potential candidates for election.
Complete and return the following forms only if requested by the LCMS Office of the Secretary.
- Complete form: Open the PDF document. Type in and print the form, or print the form and complete by hand. Sign the hard copy. Keep a copy for your records.
- Submit completed form: Fax to 314-996-1119, mail to the Committee for Convention Nominations (address on form), or scan and email to LCMSSecretary@lcms.org.
The election process at convention for the officer, boards and commission positions (that do not require regional representation) will follow the election of members of the LCMS Board of Directors. A majority of all votes cast shall be required for election.