To plant healthy, confessional Word and Sacrament congregations, which will form an independent national Lutheran church within the Dominican Republic that welcomes, ministers to and equips for service all those loved by God in Jesus Christ, including families with members who have developmental disabilities or other special needs.
The LCMS is committed to working with partners to:
- Share in the financial support of the mission
- Evangelize and teach the Bible and Lutheran doctrine in the Dominican Republic
- Plant Lutheran congregations
- Train future pastors, deacons and deaconesses from the Dominican Republic
- Provide mercy outreach to communities
- Serve the needs of the disabled by equipping congregations, supporting community and government institutions, and improving care and services to children with disabilities.