Your church can answer the call to serve our military families who have given so much.
Become an Operation Barnabas Congregation
- Pray for our troops.
- Recognize veterans in your church at least once a year.
- Celebrate LCMS Ministry to the Armed Forces Sunday and learn more about what we are doing to serve our military families. www.lcms.org/armedforcessunday
Would you like to do more? Become an Operation Barnabas Partner
In addition to the above:
- Create a display with pictures from those currently serving, and those who have served in the past.
- Each year, celebrate at least one outreach to military families in your community. It can be a picnic, special service or other outreach to create ties between your church and military families.
- Adopt a deployed military unit in your community and send care packages.
Become an Operation Barnabas Chapter
A chapter meets every month and actively engages the military in your community. A chapter is similar to any other group in your congregation, like Lutheran Women’s Missionary League and others.
You will need to bring together a dedicated group of people in your church who will serve in the chapter. This is not another task for pastor! This is a chance for your congregation to actively serve in your community and share the love of Christ with those who have borne the burden of defending our nation.
You have the opportunity to serve both those who are currently serving and those who have served in the past. Veterans and their families from every conflict are in need of your support!
If you served in uniform, thank you! And now you have the opportunity to serve again. You know the challenges, and you speak the same language as those in uniform.
For more information
Please contact, The Lutheran Church—Missouri’s Synod’s Ministry to the Armed Forces.
Call: 888-THE LCMS (843-5267) or 800-248-1930 (ext. 1337)
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.