Special Grant Opportunity
Note - Applicants may receive one development grant during any 12-month funding term. If you were awarded a grant in the Fall Cycle or submitted an application in the Spring Cycle you are not eligible to apply for this Special Opportunity.
Eligible applicants are Recognized Service Organizations
Two grants up to $30,000 each will be awarded in this Special Grant Opportunity for the top two proposals that are joint applications from a Recognized Service Organization and an LCMS congregation and/or district. Please note the following application guidelines:
Program/Project applications must:
- Demonstrate that both the RSO and the congregation or district participated and concur with program/project design, planning, implementation, and outcomes.
- Involvement of congregational or district resources, such as use of facility, congregation member involvement, financial support, in kind support, etc. are clearly identified.
- Meet specific ministry strategies of the RSO AND the district or congregation.
- Address at least one of the LCMS Office of National Mission priorities
- Identify program or project roles and responsibilities of the RSO, congregation, or district.
- As much as possible, reflect integration of our Witness, Mercy, and Life Together.
The grant will not fund the core operation of an existing program or project. However an existing program or project can be used as the platform for this application but must demonstrate significant expansion of the existing program or project.
- Domestic development grant application Form Download
- Sample Budget Form Download
(As part of the grant application process, you will need to submit a program budget that shows anticipated funding from LCMS and other sources.)
Applications are due April 10, 2014 and are preferred by electronic format.
Please address questions to Barb Hoffmann at 314-996-1386 or email@example.com or Rev. John Fale at 314-996-1384 or firstname.lastname@example.org