For the organist who has just taken “to the bench” or the accomplished organist hoping to pass along her skills to a prodigy, these organ instruction videos are intended to assist building skills. The six session online organ instructional videos will help organists with accompanying of hymnody and liturgy.
The six video segments, 8-10 minutes each, focus on various topics of service playing:
- Organ Registration: What do all these names mean and how do I know which stops to use?
- Hymn Introductions: How to add variety and interest.
- Hymn Playing: How to lead the singing of the congregation with appropriate tempo, pulse, and phrasing.
- Liturgy Playing: Ideas for leading Divine Service, Setting One.
- Liturgy Playing: Ideas for leading Divine Service, Setting Three.
- Leading New Hymns and Liturgical Settings: How to help yourself and your congregation.