Papua New Guinea

Gutnius Lutheran Church (GLC)

History:
The first Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod missionaries settled at Yaramanda, in what is now Enga Province, in 1948. A local tribal leader of the Wauni tribe, Mr. Minjuku Yasima, had met missionaries in Olgebeng, south of Yaramanda, and took the initiative to go there and ask for missionaries to come to his place at Yaramanda. The first missionaries to arrive were Rev. H. Freund and Mr. Patrick Kleinig from Australia as well as Dr. Willard Burce and Dr. Otto Hintze from the United States. The Good News has been proclaimed ever since.

 

Contact Information:

Gutnius Lutheran Church (GLC)

Concordia Hau, Irelya

PO Box 100

Wabag 291, Enga Province

PAPUA NEW GUINEA

 

Phone: +675-547-1002

Fax: +675-547-1192

Website: NONE

 

President: The Rev. Nicodemus Aiyene

Profile:

Congregations: 550

Baptized Members: 125,000

Communicant Members: 100,000

Active Pastors: 250


 

Seminaries — view

  • Timothy Lutheran Seminary at Birip (highlands)
  • Martin Luther Seminary in Lae (coast)

Learn more about partner church bodies on the International Lutheran Council website.

Join us on the journey

Lutherans Engage the World

Lutheran Engage the WorldEngaging the Church in the work of witness and mercy across the globe in our life together.

Read now

 

The Lutheran Witness

The Lutheran WitnessSubscribe to the digital edition of The Lutheran Witness

Subscribe

Concordia Publishing House

Concordia Publishing House