Urban & Inner-City Mission offers training to equip leaders in Witness, Mercy and Life Together for community engagement that leads to Christ becoming known in neighborhoods. UICM strives to assist congregations with their efforts to transform the chaos, death and decay that often plagues their cities into communities characterized by peace, life and renewal.
UICM is focused on assisting congregations with engaging their communities to bring about renewal. This engagement occurs through an intentional focus on Witness, Mercy and Life Together.
The resulting renewal stems from a revitalized congregation that has successfully identified who it is, what it believes and what defines it. These factors serve to unite a congregation and enable its members to witness to the hope we all have in Christ.
- Creating local and regional urban-ministry partnerships
- Facilitating strategic Lutheran ministry training opportunities that embrace viable community engagement, cultural, generational and ethnic diversity
- Modeling merciful and compassionate care that informs intentional local Gospel outreach
- Nurturing mission and ministry conferences and webinars
- Making Christ known in our cities
Please contact our office to receive information on connecting to ministries that address:
- Affordable aging services
- Community re-entry
- Housing, transitional housing and blight improvement
- Asset-based community planning
- Social enterprise
- Programming for at-risk youth
- Pregnancy resources
- Urban education
- Substance abuse recovery
- Providing for basic needs
These services and programs are empowering, and they will truly be transformative for communities and individuals.