Institute on Liturgy, Preaching and Church Music
About the Institute - July 28-31, 2014
Like earlier conferences, the 2014 Institute on Liturgy, Preaching and Church Music is designed for pastors, musicians and laity who assist in worship or simply are passionate about it. The institute consists of four main types of events:
- Worship — Anchored by the Divine Service at either end and filled with the Church’s daily prayer services, worship forms the heart and center of our gathering. Christ assembles His people to give out to them His gifts!
- Keynotes — Five extraordinary speakers will invite us in four keynote addresses to ponder the theme of comfort and its impact upon the worship life of Christ’s Church. Our Lutheran Confessions teach us: “Everything, therefore, in the Christian Church is ordered toward this goal: we shall daily receive in the Church nothing but the forgiveness of sin through the Word and signs, to comfort and encourage our consciences as long as we live here” (LC II 55).
- Seminars and Workshops — Covering a wide variety of topics and aimed at pastors, musicians and interested lay people, various teachers and pastors share their insights to strengthen and deepen the Church’s worship life.
- Extra Goodies — Conversation with LCMS President Matthew Harrison, visiting with the “Issues, Etc.” team, free time, organ recitals, a hymn festival, an ice cream social, A Taste of Nebraska Picnic and more.
Put all that together, and this promises to be one stunning event that you will NOT want to miss. Hosted on the beautiful campus of Concordia University, Nebraska, Seward, Neb., July 28–31, join us as we are strengthened together in the comfort of Christ.
NOTE: Please download the “Event Program” for conference costs and additional conference information. It is best to use the “Event Program” to select your sessions ahead of time so that you do not timeout when selecting sessions during the registration process.
Registration Fees are as follows:
- Individual: $175.00
- Two Day Registration: $150.00
- One Day Registration: $75.00
- Student Registration (full-time only): $25.00
- Exhibitor + Attendee Registration: $275.00 (Only one of this Registrant Type per registration)
- Exhibitor Registration Only: $150.00
Concordia University, Nebraska
800 N. Columbia Ave., Seward, NE United States