Lutheran Youth Fellowship
Lutheran Youth Fellowship (LYF) is committed to empowering youth to use their leadership gifts to serve His people as they share their faith in Jesus Christ.
Training By Teens for Teens!
Youth are the church today! Their participation and leadership is vitally important in the life of the church.
Lutheran Youth Fellowship is dedicated to the identification and development of leadership skills in young people. To this end the Lutheran Youth Fellowship Teen Leadership Initiative was established. An important principle of this Initiative is teens taking the responsibility for developing leadership with their peers.
Watch LCMS youth
share how Lutheran Youth Fellowship (LYF) has grown their leadership skills and equipped them to share their faith with their peers.
Lutheran Youth Fellowship Teen Leadership Training
The Lutheran Youth Fellowship Teen Leadership Training is the annual leadership development training for Lutheran youth representing their LCMS Districts and/or congregation. The LYF Executive Board provides the leadership for their peers at the training held annually in March.
Youth participants are trained to go back to their districts and congregations and provide leadership training events for their peers. Their district can also support them in presenting events in other congregational, circuit and district settings. Your District Office is the first place to check for events planned in your area.
The 2016 training module is Teens Reaching Teens in the Digital Age, focusing on outreach to youth. This training equips teens to share the faith God has entrusted to them in reaching out to others with the Gospel.
Teens Reaching Teens in the Digital Age
- Session I — Why Jesus? Colliding Worldviews – Dr. Bernard Bull, Concordia University Wisconsin
- Session II — Use the Tools: Personal Witness and Social Media – Philip Gruenwald, Lutheran High School Association St. Louis
- Session III — A Winsome Witness: Youth Culture – Pastor Jeff Cloeter, Christ Memorial Lutheran Church, St. Louis
- Session IV — Developing a Personal Strategy – Jessica Bordeleau, MAR
Who: High school youth representing their district and/or congregation
What: Teens Reaching Teens in the Digital Age
When: March 17-20, 2016
Where: Pallotine Retreat Center; St. Louis, Mo.
Cost: $375 (covers room, meals and programming)
Youth representing their district receive preferred registration before Dec. 15.
If you have questions about the training, please contact LCMS Youth Ministry.
Teen Leadership Training Resources
Other topics presented at previous trainings and available from the LCMS Youth Ministry for use in your district or congregation include:
- TEENS STAND STRONG TRAINING by Rev. Dr. Joel Biermann and Jessica Bordeleau, equips youth to stand strong making a bold confession of faith and “always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have” (1 Peter 3:15).
- TEEN BRIDGE BUILDING TRAINING by Jessica Bordeleau, equips youth to build a bridge across the generation gap with those who are older and younger.
- TEENS ANSWERING TEENS by Brad Alles
- TEEN BIBLE STUDY TRAINING by Brad Alles
- TEEN SERVICE TRAINING by Jessica Bordeleau
Contact LCMS Youth Ministry by calling 888-843-5267 (THE-LCMS) to request these training materials.
Lutheran Youth Fellowship Executive Board 2013-16
These teens serve on the Lutheran Youth Fellowship Executive Board and provide leadership for the LYF Teen Leadership Initiative. They were elected by their peers at the 2013 LYF Teen Leadership Training. They are:
Upper Midwest Region Representative
Peace Lutheran Church; Brookings, S.D.
Southern/Midwest Region Representative
Grace Lutheran Church; Pensacola, Fla.
East Coast Region Representative
Hope Lutheran Church; Wake Forest, N.C.
Central Region Representative
Faith Lutheran Church; Port Huron, Mich.
West Coast/Mountain Region Representative
Faith Lutheran Church; Lacey, Wash.