Meet the New LCMS Missionaries
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod invites you to join our new missionaries in their journey as they begin missionary service. This group of 25 will serve as called or appointed career missionaires or as GEO (globally engaged in outreach) missionaries who serve one- to two-year terms. As we send these missionaries out into the world, we have this reassurance from 1 John that God gave us eternal life and this life is in His Son. (1 John 5:11) This is the life-giving message that our missionaries will share with the people of all nations.
The recent Missionary Orientation held at the LCMS International Center in St. Louis, Mo., June 24-July 6, 2012, was the first major step in their missionary assignments. By providing information, experiences and study materials, it helped establish a solid foundation for the new missionaries as they prepare for their missionary service. The two-week orientation included assignment-specific training and an introduction to the LCMS staff and structure that will support missionaries during their international deployment.
You can be part of this story by joining their network of support:
- Remember them in your prayers.
- Give financial support.
- Listen and hear their story.
This is part of koinonia — our life together. When you join them in prayer, financial support and hearing the stories of the people they have served, then you become part of that story too!
Please join us in praying for and supporting our 2012 new missionaries. We rejoice in sharing with you the opportunities God grants us to reach the nations for Christ!
Some of these new missionaries include:
- Rev. Dr. Christopher and Elizabeth Ahlman, strategic mission developer, Germany (Career)
- Brogan Albers, relationship builder through EFL, Macau (GEO)
- Britt Anderson, research/preschool developer, Kenya (GEO)
- Faith Behnke, service coordinator, Asia (GEO)
- Rev. Thomas and Brenda Chryst, strategic mission developer, Singapore (Career)
- Shara Cunningham, service coordinator, Kenya (Career)
- Nicole Decker, teacher, South Africa (GEO)
- Kelly D., teacher for missionary children, Central Asia (GEO)
- Rev. Jeffrey and Lora Horn, theological educator, Papua New Guinea (Career)
- Rev. Roger and Amy James, strategic mission developer, Sri Lanka (Career)
- Rev. Daniel and Amy Johnson, field specialist - catechetical and pastoral care, Russia and the Baltics (Career)
- Megan Kincaid, communication specialist, Hong Kong/Asia Pacific (Career)
- Josh Lange, director of operations for Concordia Welfare and Education Foundation, Asia Pacific (Career)
- Margaret Lewis, relationship builder through EFL, Czech Republic (GEO)
- Kristin Matasovsky, teacher, South Africa (GEO)
- Julia Mueller, service coordinator, Peru (GEO)
- Rachel Powell, deaconess intern, Peru (GEO)
- Rev. Arthur and Deaconess Eva Rickman, strategic mission developer, Dominican Republic (Career)
- Ryan Volkman, relationship builder through EFL, Czech Republic (GEO)
- Matthew and Halle Warmbier, vicar, Germany (GEO)
- Katie Ziegler, deaconess intern, Dominican Republic (GEO)
Placed after Orientation: