Welcome! Mission Friends is an online program of the LCMS that promotes our international mission work among the Synod’s children. Although written for children in the fourth grade, the coloring sheets, country information pages, recipes and fun facts about missions can be easily adapted for younger or older children. This FREE program is made up of online and reproducible activities with information about each of our five world regions.
Starting June 15, materials for the countries of Latin America will be available. Materials for the other four regions — Africa, Eurasia, Southern Asia and Oceania, and Asia Pacific — will become available on a quarterly basis.
What are the goals of Mission Friends?
- The program seeks to create a culture of missions within the LCMS through an exploration of the mission work in each region and country.
- The program seeks to plant the seed of mission work as a future vocation.
- The program seeks to teach the faith by showing what Lutherans around the world believe, teach and confess.
- The program seeks to bring children, parents and teachers to an understanding of who their neighbors are and how they can serve them.
- The program seeks to encourage children, parents and teachers to pray for the mission work of the LCMS and to support that work financially.