myLCMS:
 
|

Our History

The LCMS was established in 1847 by Saxon and other German immigrants seeking the freedom to practice and follow confessional Lutheranism. Initial members included 12 pastors representing 14 congregations from Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, New York, Ohio and Wisconsin.

 

Read history

Newsroom

Are you a member of the media? Visit our newsroom to get news releases and other resources.

 

Visit newsroom

Take a Tour

Want to see where it all happens? The LCMS International Center in suburban St. Louis, Mo., is open for tours during business hours. See the chapel, study the artwork that graces the building and stroll through the Concordia Historical Institute Museum.

 

Learn more

Stay Connected! Join the LCMS Network:

Contact Us

 Contact us online

 

• Church Info Center: 888-843-5267
• Staff Switchboard: 800-248-1930
• Donor Care Line: 888-930-4438

 

1333 S. Kirkwood Road
St. Louis, MO 63122-7226
 Directions

The Lutheran Witness

Subscribe to the digital edition of The Lutheran Witness

Subscribe

Concordia Publishing House

Concordia Publishing House